Color: Carbon Steel Blade/Beech Handle
- Simple, sturdy, efficient and easy to use, this essential tool remains unchanged since 1890 but is unmatched in its design. Raw material and colors may vary from one collection to another, but its style remains deeply steeped in history and tradition. This timeless knife is for people who enjoy the outdoors, and is a must-have tool for professional or amateur handymen. It is used everywhere from the garden to the table, a knife that is given as a gift and passed down to loved ones.
- Opinel's carbon steel is extremely hard, thereby guaranteeing excellent cutting quality, good wear resistance and easy regrinding. Carbon can corrode easily. It is advised that you avoid damp locations and wipe and grease the blade after use. Each blade is stamped with the "Crowned Hand" mark. In 1909, Joseph Opinel chose the Crowned Hand emblem for his knives as a symbol to represent the origin and quality of Opinel knives.
- Beech is the most commonly used wood for the manufacture of Opinel handles. Beech is hard, durable and easy to work with. With a homogeneous appearance, its light color varies from yellow to pink. It is characterized by the presence of numerous small, dark dashes. To prevent a negative impact on the environment (pollution from transport, deforestation ...), 95% of the wood for handles comes from sustainably managed French forests.
- Invented by Marcel Opinel in 1955, the Virobloc safety ring is fitted to all folding knives as of the No 06. Cut out of stainless steel, the Virobloc has two sections, one fixed and one sliding. In addition to locking the blade open (safety in use), it is now possible to lock the blade closed (safety in transport)
- Opinel products are guaranteed under normal use and exchanged in case of manufacturing defects. Damage due to normal wear and tear or improper use are not covered by the warranty.
Legal Disclaimer: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Details: Opinel knives are the traditional French picnic knives made in France since 1890. Rich in history and utility these knives are still a part of everyday culture in France. They are easy to use and they have a safe design. Each knife is made of four components, so the user need not worry about breaking parts - more common to overly complex mechanisms. Knife consists of carbon steel blade, hardwood handle, rivet and a stainless steel locking collar that prevents the knife from accidentally opening or closing. These knives are not only effective and practical, they are also beautiful. Opinel knives have been displayed in museums and, in 1985, they were ranked as one of the "100 most beautiful products in the world", by the Victoria and albert museum in London. Opinel - a simple, beautiful and effective design that has survived and thrived for well over a century. Stamped with the famous Opinel crowned hand logo. 4 1/4 " closed, 3 1/4" inch blade.