Are Instant Tents Really That Instant?
In this mini buyer's guide we are going to explore the increasing popularity of the instant tent, the pros, the cons and if instant tents really make your camping, hiking or backpacking experience better. Let's start off with a definition. Essentially an instant tent is a tent that rapid deploys in a minute or two - sometimes even less. Think instant pop-up tent. Compact, lightweight and convenient, instant tents deploy typically using a spring loaded mechanism which extracts the tent from its case all in one motion.
How Do Instant Tents Work?
Rapid deploy tents, aka instant tents, are pretty simple actually. Much like those prelit Christmas trees that set up in minutes, instant tents follow the same methodology. Built upon pre-assembled frame, the tent is folded and packed into its carrying bag under slight tension. As you unpack the tent, it automatically releases that tension, allowing the pre-assembled frame to deploy to its natural shape. The tent, or fabic if you will, is sewn to the frame, thus the entire tent instantly pops up into position. It doesn't get much easier than that!
Benefits of Instant Tents
- You can have your camp site set up in a minute or less with an instant tent.
- Huge stress reduction on the process of setting up a tent
- You strike the tent when ready to leave just as easily as you set it up.
- If it's raining upon your arrival at your tent site, an instant tent makes things a whole lot easier.
- Multi-functional - camping, festivals, music events, sporting events, tailgating
Examples of Highly Rated Instant Tents
As you can see in the examples above, instant tents come in all sizes, from 1 & 2 person tents to family size and cabin tents.